![]() |
| That funny-looking balloon in the middle is actually Josh's head. |
She emailed back to say that it was nothing to worry about and that it should eventually pop on its own, so just keep it clean and dry. Ick. Josh has a follow-up appointment on Thursday, so we can have someone look at it then if need be.
Ben and Lynne came back around noon with a bunch of groceries. Ben said his meeting with the doctors went well, but they made some adjustments to his medications, so they had to make another trip to the pharmacy. His recovery is more complicated than Josh's as he has to take a bunch of different medications to prevent rejection, most of which cause troublesome side effects. He also has some complicated dietary requirements (lots of protein) and restrictions (limit salt and potassium) which don't necessarily help with the digestive processes. Nevertheless, he did have some success in that area today, which was cause for more celebration.
After lunch, Josh and Ben and I went for a more ambitious walk then the one Josh and I took yesterday. Ben's house is a block away from the Burke-Gilman Trail, so we walked down the hill to the trail and followed it a short distance to Matthews Beach Park, on the shores of Lake Washington. It started snowing a little while we were walking, but it was nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air. I got a good photo of the brothers down on the beach.
You can actually see a bit of Lake Washington from Ben & Laada's house. Particularly at this time of year, when there are fewer leaves on the trees, they have a nice view from the back deck:
Oh, and I keep meaning to take a photo of this. It's a toy kidney that our friends Rob & Diana gave us to give to Ben for Christmas. It's the most adorable kidney I've ever seen -- although I didn't get to see Josh's during the surgery.
It came from this web site, which has a wide variety of internal-organ-related gifts. Not sure if there's a big market for these, but they are kinda cute.
That's all I have for today. The brothers get a little better every day, and enjoy hearing from family and friends.





The owl is how you know they're from me! :P
ReplyDeleteAlso, there's a ladybug. Also, it looks like they ran out of orange zinnias so they put in two yellows AND added a hibiscus!
Also, I used to live right off the Burke-Gilman trail. And I've seen those Guts stuffed toys at Games of Berkeley. And I thought about including a Superman balloon. I'm glad Ben and Josh are both clearly settled on the road to recovery. That bubble thing is gross.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing the blog address, Naina. What a great job you've done documenting the brothers' adventure. It was great seeing everyone doing well this late afternoon!
ReplyDeleteDespite the bubble photo I come away from this post with 2 things: 1)both brothers are on the mend 2) Stuffed animals exist of anything in the entire universe. Both I love!!! Thanks for the updates, interesting blog topics. :)
ReplyDelete