Ben is now resting in his own room around the corner from Josh's. I visited him briefly and he seems to be doing well. He has mercifully been spared from the anesthesia-induced nausea that Josh is suffering from, and the doctors tell us that his new kidney is already working. Way to go! I think Laada and Lynne (their mom) have gone home, but Lynne will be back in the morning, and Laada will come back with the girls in the evening.
Josh's doctor stopped by this evening to see how he was doing. He commented once again on how well the surgery went, and encouraged Josh to take it easy tonight, but suggested he try to get up and walk around a little tomorrow. I'm sure I can motivate him to do that by proposing a visit to Ben's room. Ben seemed a little disappointed that they weren't in adjacent rooms so they could communicate by just knocking on the wall, so maybe he'll try to take a walk over to Josh's room as well.
It's only a little after 9 pm, but I've been awake since 5:15 am and I have a feeling I'm going to hit a wall any minute now, so I'm going to attempt to turn this rollaway bed and pile of linens into something that I can sleep on and call it a night. Thanks again for all your emails and comments. We are touched by the outpouring of support, and we miss all of you!
I've been anxious all day. I'm glad to hear they're both recovering and I hope the nausea is the worst of what Josh has to deal with! YAY!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the update! And yay for Josh's kidney--glad to hear it's doing what it's supposed to do inside Ben. I hope that Josh's nausea is better today. I always have that after general anesthesia, too, so I empathize.
ReplyDeleteI just spent the night in Pista's room in a fold-out chair. I can sympathize with your exhaustion! Those men are real troopers. I'm so thankful the operation is over and a success.
ReplyDelete