Thursday, January 20, 2011

Flights of Fancy

Today we twisted uncle Ken's arm ever so slightly to take us to the Museum of Flight, since Josh has been itching to go ever since we arrived in Seattle.  We didn't make it out of the house until noon, so we took a detour to West Seattle for lunch first.  We took a scenic drive along the waterfront, which had a fabulous view of downtown Seattle across the water, and ended up at Alki Beach, where we ate at Spud Fish & Chips.
Looking back towards downtown Seattle

The West Coast Statue of Liberty

The 75+-year old Spud Fish & Chips
Then we wound our way back to the Museum of Flight by Boeing Field.

Josh alights from Air Force One
I think Josh and Ken could have easily spent two full days there, but they closed at 5 and Ken & Priscilla had plans for the evening.  After they headed out, Josh and I walked to a little Italian cafe around the corner and had a nice dinner before settling in back at Priscilla's house for a quiet evening.  Since Josh was up late last night doing work, and didn't get a nap today, I'm hoping he'll turn in early.

1 comment:

  1. I do hope that the fish and chips were helpful. ;-) It looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete