Friday, January 7, 2011

So Far, So Good...

I know it must have been frustrating to not see any updates yesterday until last night, especially for those of you on the East Coast, so I'll try to do a little better today.

First, some business to take care of.  There have been some inquiries about sending flowers to Ben and Josh when they get out of the hospital.  While it's a lovely gesture, it could jeopardize Ben's health -- he is on immunosuppressants and flowers pose a risk of allergic reaction or bacterial infection.  Something edible would probably be OK, but a card or letter would be just as welcome.  Both Ben and Josh have enjoyed hearing from friends and family, and since you now know every little detail of what's going on in their lives, they'd probably love to hear what's going on in yours. 

If all goes well, Josh and Ben will be released from the hospital tomorrow or Sunday.  We will probably all stay at Ben's house for a few days, and then Josh and I may decamp to his aunt's house to give everyone some space, but that's still up in the air.  If you want to send something to Josh and don't have Ben's address, send me an email.  Or you can send it to him at home -- we're flying back to DC on Jan 22.

OK, so back to the update.  After a much-needed night's sleep and hot shower, Lynne and I arrived at the hospital this morning to find both brothers in Josh's room.  Josh was sitting in his chair in front of a half-eaten breakfast talking to his dad on Ben's cell phone.  He looked and sounded MUCH better than when I left him last night.  They put him on a new pain medication, which seems to be working better, and he seems much more himself now.  He just suggested we go for a walk, so I'm going to end this here and post another update this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear Josh is doing better. Please give him a gentle hug from me. We're really looking forward to seing you both next weekend. It will be my first trip to Seattle!

    ReplyDelete