Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Josh Update

Josh is out of the recovery room and resting relatively comfortably in a private room that will be his home for the next 2-3 days.  The waiting room volunteer got a call around 3 pm asking to send me to the recovery room.  Josh was very groggy and nauseated, and looked very pale.  The first coherent thing he said when I saw him was, "How's Ben?"  (Ben's still in surgery, but should be done within the next hour or so.)  Ben's doctor also stopped by to check on Josh and tell him what a wonderful thing he did for his brother.

The nurses gave Josh some more anti-nausea medication and transferred him to his private room around 4 pm.  They brought me a cot and some linens so I can stay in the hospital with Josh tonight.  The room is a decent size and has its own bathroom, so while I'm not exactly relishing the thought of spending the night here, at least I'll have the bathroom all to myself for a change...  ;-)

Someone just brought me a "room service" menu for Josh.  They encourage having several small snacks throughout the day rather than three big meals, so you just call when you are hungry and order off the menu.  Pretty sweet!  For now, Josh is on a clear liquid diet, so his options are limited to fruit juice, tea, broth, Jello, and Italian ice -- basically the same things he had yesterday.

Since Josh is asleep, I may go back to the waiting room for news on Ben.  I'll post an update as soon as I hear anything new.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Josh is a real American hero!
    also "Chuck says Hi!"

    ReplyDelete